TAIPEI, TAIWAN, May 10, 2012 – BenQ, an internationally renowned provider of digital lifestyle innovations and LED monitor expert, announced today the full adoption of Vertical Alignment (VA) panel technology and LED backlight technology for its entire monitor range. BenQ first launched the world’s first VA LED monitors in summer 2010. A strengthened partnership within the BenQ Group, a multi-billion high-tech powerhouse comprised of world-leading companies, including AUO, a top-class manufacturer in the design, R&D and manufacturing of TFT-LCD panels, further empowered BenQ to bring a diverse lineup of cutting-edge VA LED monitors to its consumers around the world.
BenQ's line-up of monitors takes full advantage of VA panel technology and LED backlighting, offering outstanding visual performances with the sharpest details, the richest colors and the deepest black – three core elements that contribute to the visual clarity and viewing comfort of a computer monitor. In everyday use, VA LED monitors are energy-efficient and eco-friendly, greatly reducing the overall total power consumption. Major advantages of a VA LED monitor include:
• 5000:1 ULTRA-HIGH NATIVE CONTRAST: Contrary to Tisted Nematic (TN) and In-Plane Switching (IPS) panels, which only come with a 1000:1 native contrast ratio, VA panels boast an ultra-high native contrast ratio of 5000:1 to bring out astonishing color depth and definition from the brightest whites to the deepest blacks with the greatest subtlety and clarity. They also make browsing content-rich documents more comfortable.
• TRUE BLACKS AND MINIMIZED LIGHT LEAKAGE: VA panels come with naturally deeper blacks and minimized light leakage, which further enhances its contrast performance. Every detail is flawlessly layered and contrasted even in the most complex images or videos.
• TRUE 8-BIT COLOR: An 8-bit VA panel delivers smoother and more stable color transitions by rendering a total of 16.7 million color shades.
• 178˚/178˚ WIDE- ANGLE VIEWING: VA panels can be viewed from left, right, above and below with the same amazingly colorful and lifelike details. They have significantly improved color accuracy compared to TN panels.
"We are very excited to have made the decision to refresh our entire monitor range with VA LED display," said Peter Chen, EVP and General Manager of BenQ Technology Product Center. "We believe VA panel technology combined with LED backlighting will provide our valued customers an optimized viewing experience that surpasses all existing displays. The level of visual clarity that a VA LED monitor most certainly will contribute to the overall viewing comfort of all users."
For those looking to purchase a new monitor – there is a BenQ VA LED monitor for everyone and every application – from entry to premium models and in display sizes 21.5"W, 24"W and 27"W. The full range product offering includes:
- EW SERIES for heavy computer users seeking premium multimedia enjoyment with excellent visual image quality
- VW SERIES for fashion lovers that appreciates a classic beauty and are passionate about living with style
- BL SERIES for businesses seeking the most ergonomic solution to improve productivity and efficiency
- GW SERIES for value-seekers looking to manage their needs for essential home and office use, such as web-surfing or handling administrative tasks
BenQ VA LED monitors are now available for purchase worldwide. For more information, please visit www.BenQ.com.